Air conditioning units are designed to provide cool and comfortable air to the interior of a building, so when your unit starts blowing hot air, it can be a frustrating and uncomfortable experience.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some common causes of your AC blowing hot air and what you can do to fix the issue. If you’re experiencing this issue and would like to schedule an AC tune-up in Bluffdale, UT, don’t hesitate to contact us at First Choice Heating & Air.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: A malfunctioning thermostat is one of the most common causes of an AC blowing hot air. Your thermostat plays a vital role in regulating the temperature in your home, and if it’s not working properly, your AC unit may not be able to properly cool the air. If your thermostat is not calibrated correctly or is not functioning properly, it can cause your AC unit to blow hot air.
- Clogged air filter: A blocked air filter is another common cause of an AC blowing hot air. Your AC unit’s air filter is responsible for trapping dirt, dust, and other contaminants from entering your home through the HVAC system. When the filter becomes clogged, it can restrict the airflow to the unit and cause the blower to blow hot air. Replacing the air filter regularly, at least once every three months is an easy way to prevent this issue.
- Refrigerant leak: A refrigerant leak is the third cause of an AC blowing hot air. Refrigerant is an essential component of your AC unit, and it’s responsible for absorbing heat from the air and transferring it outside. If there’s a leak in your refrigerant lines, your AC unit won’t be able to properly cool the air, and the unit will blow hot air. If this issue continues, contact us for an AC tune-up in Bluffdale, UT.
- Malfunctioning compressor: Another cause of an AC blowing hot air is a malfunctioning compressor. The compressor is the core of your AC unit and is responsible for circulating the refrigerant throughout the system. If the compressor is malfunctioning, it can prevent the refrigerant from flowing correctly, and the system will blow hot air.
- Clogged evaporator coils: Lastly, a clogged evaporator coil is another potential cause of an AC blowing hot air. Evaporator coils tend to absorb heat from the air inside your home; if they become dirty or clogged, they can’t absorb heat properly. As a result, the unit may blow hot air. This can be fixed by cleaning the coils. At First Choice Heating & Air, our professionals will assist you so that you can enjoy the effectiveness of your AC unit to the fullest.
Some of these issues can be quickly resolved with a simple fix, such as replacing an air filter or cleaning the coils. Our experienced technicians will guide you through the process and help you eliminate the problem immediately. We also provide services for ductless AC repair in Bluffdale, UT, if you don’t have a traditional system. Schedule your appointment with us today!
Contact Us Today
If you’re experiencing an issue with your air conditioner and need help with a repair or AC replacement in the Bluffdale, UT, area, don’t hesitate to contact us at First Choice Heating & Air. Our experienced technicians will quickly diagnose and fix the problem so that you can enjoy cool and comfortable air in your home once again.